Michelle,

  You and Lucy are still in my prayers.  I'm sorry you're upset by something
that's been said.  I just skipped about 900 messages because I was worried when
I saw you said unsubscribe and thought you had lost Lucy.  Please reconsider.
You are in a terrible place right now and you need the group.   When I'm in a
bad place I need your support and wealth of knowledge as well.  You belong
here, and anyone who knows you knows that you give your all for your cats (and
dogs and horses........) and doesn't question or judge your decisions.

  When one of my cats gets sick you are one of the first people I want in my
corner.  You belong here, and Lucy will let you know (as she is doing now)
whether she wants to stay or go.  I'm just so sorry you're going through all of
this.  You've had more than your share over the last year.

  take care,
  tonya

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
      Since I last wrote, Lucy got up, climbed all 14 stairs to the upstairs,
ate half a jar of baby food and a couple pieces of dry food, curled up on a cat
bed, and is purring away as Gray pets her. When Gray poured the dry food for
Patches, Lucy literally got up and ran over to it, trying to push Patched out
of the way.

  I know she has FIP, or most likely does. I know there is no real cure and it
will get her. But today does not seem to be the day, and I do not think it is
selfish to decide that. Someone who can and wants to climb stairs, wants to eat
(even if not a normal amount), wants company and pets, and can go running over
to a bowl of food is, in my opinion, not asking to be killed.

  To whoever wrote that I should not do "home euthanasia," I was not
considering home euthanasia, I was considering, in an emergency if she gets in
distress, tranquilizing her until a vet could come or we could get to a vet. i
did that with Simon and he immediately slept and actually died in his sleep
before we needed to. But it was not intended as euthanasia. I and several
others on the list have also used oral valium to ease passings, and it has done
so. I do not think this is irrational.

  I stopped reading posts after that and just deleted, to whoever wrote
something in the subject line about allowing suffering.  Given that I had just
come downstairs from Lucy's little trek and eating spree, it seemed too
ridiculous to read.

  This list has been a godsend for me at times, and I have made friendships
with a few of you that I hope to continue offline from the group.  But this
group is not helping me right now and is actually upsetting me quite a bit. So
I am unsubscribing.  Nina and Hideyo, I hope to stay in touch with you
individually, and anyone else who actually wants to, and to share ideas and
emotional support.  But I am done with the group.

  Michelle