Susan,
Have you tried a drop trap yet? It sounds like little Sissy would be able to be caught with one. If you guys don't have access to one in your rescue circle it would definitely benefit you to build one of your own. Alley Cat Allies has plans for one using pvc pipe, but I made mine out of wood and garden netting. Here's the plans that Bruce used for ours: http://www.droptrapdesign.blogspot.com/ We modified it a bit, put wheels on the side to make it easier to transport, hooks to attach the regular trap to the sliding trap door for when I'm trapping alone etc. I use it for those very hard to catch guys and even when they aren't motivated by the bait, they generally can't help checking it out, then wham! I've got 'em!

There's also something called a "super trap" designed by a lady here in the LA area. It's huge, and hard to transport, but if you have enough open space, it's a sure bet that you'd be able to catch the most wily of ferals using it. It's also good for catching more than one at a time. Here's the plans and an article about it: http://www.amrt.net/feraltrap/trap.htm

Good luck, let us know how you do,
Nina

Susan Loesch wrote:
Thanks. My little Leader was gone when I got home -- this is a case where a cat died WITH the feleuk virus, not from it. His immune system, even with all the support, couldn't overcome the URI. Tried all last weekend to trap Sissy -- I am sure she was sitting there laughing at me, saying she wasn't going to get in any trap. I caught another cat and Sissy was sitting by him, right outside the trap, keeping him company.