Susan,

  I'm so sorry little Leader didn't make it.  It sounds like he went
peacefully, and that in itself is a blessing and I hope some comfort for you.

  take care,

Susan Loesch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    Just as I had feared, my little miracle man, Leader, was dead when I got
home yesterday evening.    I'd given him a kiss and he'd meowed me a little
good bye before I left him -- all wrapped up in the sweatshirt I'd slept in and
cuddled warm on my bed with some of his buddies staying close.

  Born with feline leukemia, and my bottle baby from age 3 weeks, he outlived
his 5 brothers and sisters by years - in fact he was just a couple of months
shy of six years.   Someone said to me yesterday that I must have given him
good care -- but I know it wasn't the care he received; his littermates all got
the same care and Mittens, his brother who went to live with Gloria, got
better, more consistent good care.    It was just the luck of the draw.  I am
so honored to have had him in my life for so long.   He was truly amazing, and
I shall miss him terribly - as I did last night when I reached out and he
wasn't by my head.