*Dearest Patti,
Your vet visit with Charity is going to be peaceful and smooth, I just know it. As far as drawing blood... What we've done is keep the kitty completely covered and just gently extracted a back leg to draw blood from. If you stroke, or gently tap her head through the towel while the vet pulls the blood it will distract her from the prick of the needle.

I'm so sorry to hear how horrendous your disabilities are. Please hang in there. All the animals love and need you. I know it's not as important, but some of us two leggers love and need you too. I remember the first time I "met" you on the list. You hadn't been posting for awhile and the very first post back was so full of compassion and helpful information that I fell in love with you on the spot. I even wrote to tell you how happy and grateful I was that you started posting to the list again. Those feelings have continued to grow. You are a very special person Patti, an inspiration in so many ways. Thank you for making the effort necessary to continue sharing your life and stories with us. Please know you are always in my thoughts and prayers,
Nina*

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Dear Nina,
I've been thinking much about you also..... (And now w/ my vision going so *bad*, unless I put you on speed-dial...well. And, my "mobility" is also going to he!!, so it's almost impossible for me to answer phone..... And, that portable phone my room mate got me, well, it has TOO many "things" and I have a great record of disconnecting incoming calls...... I give up! *Think positive* - great idea, but hard to do when you're steadily going [further] down- hill..... After reading your post, I remembered how the vet visit went w/ Bart....... (I also have a great vet, compassionate but MILES away....He does give me Rescue Rates - thank heaven).. When I sadly had Bart PTS he asked me "what did I want to do w/ his remains.....I *jokingly* said I'd put him in freezer w/ Fred, my [very *LARGE*] goldfish....We have been in such a deep-freeze, snow, sleet...I don't think ground will thaw 'til June!!!! So, I did have him cremated,,,, That fee was larger than I expected......But, as always, the critters come first. I didn't now how Bart would react - strange place, strange people...... And he was in so much pain.. But I did explain to him "why" I was doing this, promised him he would be taken care of [NOT what I wanted, but I've promised all my critters I'd never let them suffer]. He was so amazing though. He did growl, hiss - but only once. I just stroked him, "explained" to him what was going on, and he even let me kiss him!!!! I really believe he knew I was doing the best [only] option. When the vet gave him the sedative prior to the euthanol, well, he looked at me w/ those big, beautiful eyes - I think "telling" me, "It's ok Mom & thank you". And, for Charity's appt., I do have a carrier that has the metal thing on top that you can just open, and that will probably be much less "stressful" - for both her & me. I'm just concerned about "how" we can draw blood...... She was negative when I had her spayed, but she's been out the last 2 years, And, Bart, [NEVER tested], was old, "intact" & had all the textbook symptoms of wet FIP........(He was so full of fluids...) Poor 'ole boy. A lousy life. Is it any wonder I prefer critters over people? And believe me, doing Rescue for so long, the things I saw, the */idiots/* I encountered........Grrrr...... I could go on & on. Especially since I just watched Animal Cops (Heroes). Ughh...... I'll let you all know how it goes w/ Charity. I do talk to her every day, try to "explain" what we're [trying] to accomplish..... And, yes, she does trust me so hopefully it will be smooth sailing w/ excellent results.... And, I do use Feliway & RR. And w/ the Feliway, it's so wonderful - stroking this former feral girl. I actually thinks she actually enjoys the touching.......I still can't believe the turn-a-round......Makes me cry, tears of joy. SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!! This girl had me in ER so many times! Oh, I am rambling again, sorry, but I have gotten so much love & support from this group, And, it really helps me, emotionally. I really need that, especially now. So, thank you Nina and everyone for all your support. You'll never know how much it means to me,,,,,
Oh, look at the time.... (Takes me forever to write).
The insomniac is going to attempt to get some rest.  Hopefully anyway.
Much love, hugs & thanks,
Patti & her gang

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at *AOL.com* <http://www.aol.com?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000339>.