Try spraying Feliway around the house. It should calm the cats. I have no luck with the atomizer Feliway but the spray and concentrated catnip spray help a lot. Rescue Remedy in the cats' water (not to mention mine at times) is also helpful. Brewer's yeast in food has helped a lot with various dogs' itching. I haven't tried it on a cat so you may want to check it out.

Just ideas.  Good luck.

If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow man. St. Francis ----- Original Message ----- From: "Debbie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2007 2:40 PM
Subject: For Nina

Thanks for your comments Nina. It is appreciated. We were so relieved when our babies tested negative. Although now I wonder if Elsa who was put to sleep was actually positive. We have tried to eliminate things that might make the scratchy ones less itchy. I use advantage on them and that seems to help quite a bit. Even though they have no fleas. The vets have suggested steroid shots but said they don't like to use them very often. We live on 3 acres in the country so anything could be causing it. There's alot of crops, trees, and pollen. It only started after we had them spayed/ neutered. It also seems to be a certain personality type (high strung). We don't have enough room to give them all their own space. We have one, Tigger, who we let go in the bathroom alot. He is a bully at times but once he gets some alone time he seems better. Sneezy and her daughter Patches we keep in our bedroom. They are both high strung. Sneezy used to be mean to some of the others and once we got her fixed the tables turned. Now they all hate her and she dislikes most of them. She growls when anyone even looks at her. She LOVES people though. We are thinking about building an outside enclosure for some for the summer. Just for short periods of time, so they can enjoy the outdoors. I don't worry much about the Humane Society, but I was somewhat apalled by their remarks. I have been around animals all my life and I have seen my fair share of suffering, but it would never harden my heart to the degree that I would be willing to look the other way when an animal needed help. I also get angry about it because I have asked for their help before with injured and/ or stary animals and every time they tell me to take them to the pound! I have actually got that response from 2 different county orgs. We live in the countryside and in a different county than the society that I had contacted. They assumed I was in the same area because the town near by is split down the center into to counties. As far as "hoarding goes" - well, I have 2 opinions on that. I realize how easy it could be to fall into such a thing, but I also think that instead of society critisizing these people for "trying their best" to help - they themselves should help more.

Debbie