At 01:32 PM 3/15/2007, you wrote:

Please do not equate the dollars spent with the quality, there is no corn in KIRKLAND, Ingerdients are Chicken, chicken meal. whole grain brown rice .chicken fat .. As I said, I have tried others but this has been the best for them, Regarding money spent, i will not go there as my expenses average 1500 per month. My dogs are on Hypo allergenic for their skin problems at 35 a bag, and that lasts o week, Several of my cats are on special diets and of course the wet food also, The remark about buying cheap food and those people should hat have their cats, Come on now...Many very wealthy people buy the most expensive and then leave their cats home alone or out doors,,,I think a loving home and a safe place counts for a lot more, money must be saved for vet bills and good cat enclosures ,,,then there are those that say RAW only,,,and those that say dry for their teeth and those that say mice,,,,( my cats first choice) If you have a healthy happy and loved cat you are doing a good job and if you are feeding several colonies ,,,Bless you and I am sure they appreciate the purina or meow mix,,,beats the hell out of scrounging in dumpsters for left over french fries, Now what I object to are people I see who have children they can't afford that society takes care of, ....over and over and over again, Also not everyone is educated in feline nutrition, Be kind to people doing their best.
Kelly

I'm of the very controversial opinion that no matter how many cats you have, there's no excuse to feed BAD food. If you can't afford to feed decent food, then you can't afford to have that many cats. Get less cats, not less expensive food. There isn't any excuse for anyone to ever feed a food that doesn't have meat as the first ingredient... if you can't afford to feed a meat-based diet, then you need to give up your cats to someone that can afford to take proper care of them. That being said...

Healthwise is the "cheap" food I feed to my feral cats here. I would not consider anything cheaper than that (it does have corn, but it's pretty far down the ingredient list). My ferals are OBESE creatures, mind you - something you generally don't see, LOL! They live the life of luxury though, and lay around and sleep all day and night (except for food time). Here's the link to the website for Healthwise, and Natura (the company that makes it) is very good at getting it to most areas: <http://naturapet.com/display.php?d=product-detail&[EMAIL PROTECTED]>http://naturapet.com/display.php?d=product-detail&[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Phaewryn

<http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html>http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
Special Needs Cat Resources
Checked by AVG Free Edition.