Unfortunately your crowded little house probably made him feel more secure. He
will have been aware of the other cats and could even be crying to try and
communicate with the other cats and be distressed because they are not there.
He is obviously distressed and I feel like everyone else needs time to adapt -
any animal needs time to settle in a new home and it's only fair we let them do
that. I think Feliway and rescue remedy are a good place to start. The space of
his new home and like of crowdedness is possibly freaking him out.

Poor little guy - hope he settles down xxx and although having disturbed sleep
isn't good I think any adopter should be prepared to have disturbed sleep
whilst the new furbaby settles - you wouldn't get people taking adopted human
babies back to where they got them from because they cry in the night - they
would be up comforting them - animals deserve the same compasion in my eyes.

Michelle, Buddy, Minstrel & Angel Bramble