Kelley,
Love and prayers from our house to yours.

elizabeth

On 3/22/07, Kelley Saveika <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks Wendy,

It is VERY scary.  I did not ask him about Epogen.  I asked him about
transfusions.  He said that they are no longer recommended becuase those red
blood cells get attacked too, but he would do one for me if I wanted.

Right now, for a sick cat, Joey is acting pretty good.  He grooms a
little, and lies on his tummy with his head up, instead of on his side with
his head laying on the floor.  He is quite feisty with me when I give him
his meds, too.  He is able to walk on his own to the food and water dish.

If he makes it he will probably have to be on steroids for life to keep it
from coming back.

 On 3/21/07, wendy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Kelley,
>
> I'm so sorry about Joey's prognosis.  Anemia is so
> scary.  I did a little research and humans with AIHA
> use Epogen.  Did your vet say whether Epogen would
> help Joey?
>
> :)
> Wendy
>
> --- Kelley Saveika <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Joey, an owner surrendered cat I took in last month,
> > has been diagnosed with
> > Auto Immune Hemolytic Anemia.  I'm really concerned
> > about him.  I feel bad
> > because I think I should have noticed something
> > sooner.  What information
> > can yall give me about this disease?
> >
> > It is my understanding this disease is more common
> > in FELV+ cats.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > --
> > Rescuties - Saving the world, one cat at a time.
> >
> > http://www.rescuties.org
> >
> > Vist the Rescuties store and save a kitty life!
> >
> > http://astore.amazon.com/rescuties-20

> Don't get soaked.  Take a quick peek at the forecast

http://www.rescuties.org

http://astore.amazon.com/rescuties-20

Please help Joey!
http://rescuties.chipin.com/joey-autoimmune-hemolytic-anemia