Belinda,

  I'm so sorry.  I would be furious too.  But as Kelly said, you need to try to
control yourself.  You don't want to piss them off.  Your vets have always been
so wonderful. I know this must have really thrown you for a loop.

Kelley Saveika <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  I don't blame you for being furious either.  I have learned, though, that
allowing your fury to show doesn't really help your animal in most cases.
Remember that being calm (or at least pretending to be) is the best way to help
Fred.   I also would be looking for another vet as soon as he's through this -
that's how I found my current great vet.

  On 3/23/07, Rosenfeldt, Diane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:         Wow,
Belinda.  I don't blame you for being furious.  You'd think that would be the
first thing they'd check, wouldn't you?  I don't have any advice for you about
how to remain calm,  since invariably in confrontations where I'm that angry, I
end up bursting into tears...not helpful.  I guess ideally, you let the fury
rule rather than the worry and frustration, so you get that icy calm thing
going.  Tell them what the other vet said, what YOU found, and what you need
done, stat.  If the vet you're seeing does gain your trust, that's great, but
if not, start looking as soon as Fred is past this.

  Apologize to Fred for all the extra stuff he's gone through, and tell him
you're on the way to getting it fixed right.  I'm sure he knows you've been
trying to help, and that there was no way you could know a person you had put
your trust in wouldn't be competent.  Best of luck at the vet!

  Diane R.