At 10:45 PM 3/26/2007, you wrote:

I always added potassium to the fluid and used phosphorus binders,,,He had a great 3 more years and he was over 20....
Kelly

There is plenty you can do for kitties with CRF, diet, fluids and supplements for low potassium (most CRF kitties will eventually get low because they lose so much through their urine), aluminum phosphorus binders, because they will eventually have their phosphorus build up. Some kitties get pepcid for vomiting, some CRF kitties get tummy acid, epogen when their kidneys can no longer produce erythropoietin on their own. Theres more but these are just the thing we are dealing with or will be dealing with in the near future.

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties
http://bemikitties.com

http://adopt.bemikitties.com

FeLV Candlelight Service
http://bemikitties.com/cls

http://HostDesign4U.com

BMK Designs [non-profit animals websites]
http://bmk.bemikitties.com