My Buddy was a street cat, skittish and scared (though probaby not feral) and
he ended up being the sweetest cat I've ever had, and that was before we had
his pom poms removed.  He was 15 pounds of pure muscle and had the neatest
cheek pouches that the vet said he had because he was an adult tom cat when we
rescued him.  He got a little pudgy after the neutering though.  He was my FIV+
boy.

  It's been almost four and a half years since he crossed the Bridge and I
still grieve for his gentle soul.  I always will.  Some street cats make the
BEST house cats.  You just never know. :)

  Gina

Nina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Aww, so wonderful to hear about Nilla Belle, (pardon me Nilla for
calling you a "he" :-) ). I love the success stories!

Ya know Wendy, so many of these street tough thugs turn into the
sweetest couch potatoes once they are relieved of those bothersome pom
poms. He may not be as nasty as he appears. Do you remember my FIV
boy, Starman? He bit me so hard at first that it would not only
puncture my skin, but left bruises around the bite site. He is now the
fattest, happiest, most content lap cat you could imagine, (I'll send
you a picture off list). His girlfriend is our tiny Pistol, she's all
of 7lbs soaking wet and Star is pushing 20lb. She wanted nothing to do
with him and his burly ways when he came to live with us, but he wore
her down with his persistent and patient adoration and now they sleep
and play together. He follows her around like some underpaid bodyguard,
it's so cute. So, you never know what personality lurks under all that
testosterone, fear and self preservation.
Nina

wendy wrote:
> Thanks for asking about Nilla Belle. She's
> wonderful!!! I can't believe I am even saying that,
> but she is just the BEST dog. She is so smart, and
> loving, and walks like a trained showdog. We're
> blessed to have her. Thanks for all the rescue info.
> This will help when approaching them for help.
>
> :)
> Wendy

Visit my Tigger Tales site!

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.