We use them at the shelter, but we also use Feline Pine litter with a sifter
to. The pine is much lighter. We have a room full of older boys that have
trouble staying in a regular box.

  Beth

Kelley Saveika <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Marylyn,

What do you cut them with?

I went to a rescuer's house that had HUGE long skinny rectangular
rubbermaid type things as litter boxes. I think the only problem
would be changing them out completely as they probably held several
hundred pounds of litter each.

I need to do something about my situation though.

Not nearly enough litterboxes for all my cats, and if I had the
recommended 1 litterbox per cat + 1 I'd have to have a whole room with
nothing but litterboxes in it.

On 4/10/07, Marylyn wrote:

> You can mix the crystals with the clay--I do and it works pretty good.
> Dixie gets the little round pearls in the pads of her paws so we are trying
> the chips. Also consider using a Rubbermaid or knock off storage box for
> his litter box (no lid please). I use the 18 gallon or larger ones and cut
> a u-shaped hole for the cat to walk in. More room, less concentration and
> high walls for any difficulties hitting the litter. I love them. I started
> using them when Ebony was about 18 years old and was having trouble "getting
> down."
>

> If you
> have men who will exclude any of God's creatures
> from the
> shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who
> will deal
> likewise with their fellow man.
>
> St. Francis

http://www.rescuties.org