At 08:25 AM 4/10/2007, you wrote:

It should not be too hard, depending upon the size of the pill. As long as the Elavil can be broken in half or 1/4. it is pretty easy. How many mgs a day is he on,,,,,
Different medications have various methods,
A very bright person has passed on the information for FLAGLY which tasts worse than anythin imaginable...Susan was taught to get the correct dosage,,mix with pancake syrupe,
When i do my anitboticc I crush and mix with baby food and syringe it,
tuna juice work,,,,I do it in the smallest possible amount,
Also if it keeps for 2 days in the refrigerator ..let's say the pill is 100 mgs and you need to give 10 mgs, Well you can't cut it into 10ths but if you mix it with 5cc of liquid...and make sure it is completely dosolved than each 1/2 cc is your 10 mgs,,,
that is just an example,
the important thing is how long it keeps once diluted and can it be crushed and diluted or is it a time release,,
find a good pharmacist to check that out,
Kelly

Yes, but I *have* to have it compounded.  I can force pills down him
if needed for a short time for infection, but it is stressful for him
and this is something he will need to take for the rest of his life to
prevent spraying (He initially had a urinary tract infection but it
has been treated and cured - he's had 4 urinalyses, including the one
sent out to the lab, and it is definitely behavioral spraying at this
point).  Causing him greater anxiety by pilling him doesn't help his
stress nor his spraying.

I have ordered from that company you link, but if I have to have
something soon I can't order from them.  I have found them to take a
very long time to get here, then they send it registered so I have to
find time to actually go to the post office when they are open and get
it.  So if I have someone who is actually sick right now I can't use
it.