I took Tomi to the vet today to have his PCV rechecked.  He's been lethargic
again lately.  The PCV has gone down to 11 from 17 in the last week and a half.

I just don't understand it.  After his transfusion, his blood count went up on
its own from 13, to 17, then 19.  Now in the last few weeks, its gone down to
17, and now 11.

I've been giving him prednisone again for the last week and a half, and now all
the vet could suggest was to up his prednisone from 1 to 2 tablets a day.

I guess his hemobartonella wasn't the only problem with his blood.  The vet
says that its likely his bone marrow is shutting down, and she didn't think
another transfusion would be worth it.

I don't know what the heck else to do.  Maybe I should stop his interferon
while giving him the prednisone.

This is so hard, just when I had a glimmer of hope that he might actually pull
through this, now my hope is pretty much gone :(  It's such a feeling of
desperation to see him slowly getting worse, and not being able to do anything
about it.

Cassandra