thanks for sharing this, james! was just talking about these dear spirits in
a chat last night....

On 4/15/07, James G. Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

from Dede:
Hi everybody, I'm having my friend Missy write this for me.  You
wanted to know about Scooter, the FeLV positive cat at Jax HS.
Yesterday (Thursday 4/12) they finished the forensics and they
accounted for 68 cats.  Scooter was not among them.  There were four
FeLV positive cats at the shelter.  The week before the fire, three
were moved out of the building.  Scooter tested negative and was
moved in with the other cats.  When the fire broke out, he was in an
area where the firemen first entered.  When they began breaking
windows and tearing down doors, they threw open all of those cages.
The other cats that survived were in this area.  All I can tell you
is that Scooter's body was not found...so there's still hope.  They
think he escaped to the 14 acre woods next to the HS.  He and one
other cat are unaccounted for.  The grey cat they found last week
turned out to be white after they washed him!  His name is Casper,
and he was a nasty fellow and now he is a lap bunny.  They are joking
and saying there's nothing like losing 8 of your 9 lives to get a
different perspective. My computer is off, and the furniture is ready
to go (went Friday 4/13)!   Cats and us go on the 21st.
Take care, everyone.

Dede and Ki

--
Spay & Neuter Your Neighbors!