Hey Chris,

I don't see any links on this particular post.  I did
a search on melamine, and got a link to wikipedia,
which seconds some of the info. on that post, although
I'm not sure that wikipedia is the best source as I
think anyone can add/edit info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melamine

Here's a REALLY scientific pdf. on the stuff:

http://www.inchem.org/documents/sids/sids/108781.pdf

Hope this info helps!
:)
Wendy