Yay!  Congratulations on your new little family!

With kitty love from our little family,

Billi Bi, Lilibet Squeekietoy and The 3 Orange Boyz
(and mommy their social secretary)

Taylor Scobie Humphrey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

On May 2, 2007, at 1:31 PM, Marissa Johnson wrote:

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't written in a while and I've been a bit slow to update you all...life has been pretty crazy lately! WARNING: this is LOOONG! Sorry! lol

As I think I mentioned when Slinky went to the bridge, I promised him I would get another baby to take care of me. The first one he sent me came home about 3 weeks ago. About 5 minutes before I left to pick him up, when I was feeling a bit sad about Slink, he sent me a DOUBLE rainbow from the bridge!!! It was quite spectacular! And now I haveTWO new furbabies in my family!!!!! The second one arrived this past weekend.

About 3 weeks ago I adopted a beautiful tabby boy who has CH (cerebellar hypoplasia). He's a classic silver/gray tabby and a very sweet little boy! He's 6 months old and lived in a shelter (first in PA, then in DC) his whole life until I got him. His CH appears to be fairly mild as CH goes - he walks fairly stiff-legged and kind of "swaggers" when he walks. He falls down if he gets really excited, and it often takes him a bit longer to climb onto things. He has a tougher time getting down, but he's learned to fly through the air and execute a pretty good roll landing! He almost never lands on his feet. He also has Herpes, so I'm giving him lots of Lysine and washing his eyes with a goldenseal and ecchinacea wash.

Because my bed is fairly high off the ground and has wood side boards on the sides, I knew he'd have a really tough time getting up there, so I built him a ramp complete with side rails and a cork runner for traction. :) He's become a master at using it both to get up AND down from the bed! I also got some small pet stairs for getting onto the couch and he learned to use those just in the last few days.

His name is Mouse - his idea, not mine! Since he's gray (ok, MC, blue/silver) and squeaks when he meows, it seems the perfect name, and he responds to that and nothing else, so.... He's got a motor that never quits and he loves to cuddle. One of my favorite nick names for him, though, is "Hoover" because he inhales his food the second I put it down! I'm feeding him Nature's Variety raw supplemented with Evo dry...and he seems to love it all!

This past weekend I added another baby to the family. Her name (at least for now) is Georgia - but we'll see if she decides she wants to change it. She was feral for the first 8 months of her life and then 2 months ago was brought in for TNR, but they decided she was too sweet to put back. She was fostered by a wonderful woman and her 2 cats, but the woman was not able to give her a forever home and needed to place her by May 1. She's gray tabby and white, with an adorable little white spot on the very tip of her tail!

Georgia's foster and a woman I met through MC drove about an hour from VA to my house with her and brought all kinds of supplies, etc. with them! Her first hour or so was quite adventurous. When I let her out of the carrier, we let her explore the living room, etc. and left her alone for a few minutes while we went in my bedroom to see Mouse.

When we came back she had gone under the couch (which is really a twin bed)...no big surprise. BUT she crawled up INSIDE the box spring...and got STUCK!!! We almost had to cut one of the wires to get her out, but she finally came out on her own. Was quite the stressful day for all of us!! lol So...we got her into the guest room where she's been ever since.

Send thoughts and prayers her way, though, as she hasn't been eating much, if at all! I've tried every food known to man (and feline) and have had little luck. She did eat a LITTLE of her canned food (9 lives - from the foster) and her dry (purina - from the foster), and tonight I got some a/d down her. But it's been a major challenge...and I'm pretty worried about her!

Mouse hasn't quite decided what he thinks of this new addition (nor has she decided what she thinks about him). But I'm sure that over time they'll come to love each other. They both chrip and meow a lot, so I think they're a good pair. Georgia loves to sit on my chest, purr, and give kisses and love. She's a VEEERY sweet girl!!!

If you haven't been to Slinky's myspace in a while, check it out - it's been updated with pics of the rainbow he sent and several poems I wrote for him in the blogs. www.myspace.com/slinkecat You can also check out Mouse's myspace: www.myspace.com/motormouse1. I haven't done one for Georgia yet (waiting on a CD of pictures from her foster mom), but she does have a catster page: http:// www.catster.com/cats/531393 Mouse's catster is: http:// www.catster.com/cats/526580 Slinky's (in loving memory) is: http:// www.catster.com/cats/526570. Be sure to read his diary! And the one for the little blind baby I applied for (but he went to the Bridge before he could come home!) is: http://www.catster.com/cats/ 531411

It's so nice to have my family back in my home! It was beginning to feel VERY empty without Slinky! He has been faithful to visit me often and remind me that he loves me (read his diary on his catster page)...and that helps a lot! I'll be glad when both of the babies are settled in, loving each other, and life slows down a bit (will that EVER happen? lol)...but for now I'm just happy to have them home with me. :)

Thanks, everyone, for being there and for caring...and for all you do for our precious babies!!! I'm so thankful for this community!! My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your furkids...and especially to those who've lost furkids recently. I'm tellin' Slink to keep his eyes peeled for them.

Hugs and head-bonks!

Marissa, Mouse, Georgia, and Angel Slinky >^..^<

"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know
each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and
what you do not know you will fear. What one fears, one destroys."
--Chief Dan George

"I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man………… The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mohandas Gandhi (1869-1948)

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.