My Pippin was a slight positive on the ELISA at six weeks of age and came up
negative on the IFA five months later.  The vet thinks it was a false positive.
 But, it's possible Pippin could have thrown the virus.

  Gina

Debi Holmes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    Deana,

  I foster cats and I have had 2 test slightly positive and we always wait
(though I guess they could not do that with the momma) a few weeks before we
retest.  On retested negative and one retested positive.  And when they retest
positive with the snap test we then always do the test that is sent out of the
office.

  I am glad to hear that you are looking for another vet.  Who is she to get
mad because you were not having the kittens PTS!!!!

  Debi H.

"Deana K. Wagoner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Here is the next bit of info on my situation - My husband went by the vet
office to pay the bill for the "service" provided on the stray mama that died
from the dog inflicted injuries.
The vet was not at all happy that we were not bringing the kittens to her to be
put to sleep - since she is confident they are all positve and will die. (she
has never seen them)

The vet now says the first test on the dying mother was "slightly postive" so
she ran it again and it was "More positive." Is there such thing as slightly
positive or is it just yes or no?

I will never know if the mama cat was beyond treatment for sure, but I do know
that the test was done about 4 hours after I left her there and no treatment or
exam was done before that.
The most important item on the list was this test.

We are looking for another vet.

Deana

  Looking for earth-friendly autos?

  Visit my Tigger Tales site!