I think she means colloidal silver. I heard about it when I was on an IBD list. I even purchased some, but chickened out when it came to trying it. I have read of anequdotal reports of it benefiting immune related diseases. Here's an excerpt from a website about it: http://nccam.nih.gov/health/alerts/silver/index.htm

Colloidal silver products are often marketed with various unproven health-related claims. Examples include that they benefit the immune system; kill disease-causing agents such as bacteria, viruses, and fungi; are an alternative to prescription antibiotics; or treat diseases such as cancer, HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, syphilis, scarlet fever, shingles, herpes, pneumonia, and prostatitis (inflammation of the prostate).

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I've never heard of silver collagen, but the other treatments sound logical and appropriate. Good for your vet for treating appropriately, and not writing your cat off! can you let us know his name and location, we keep a record of all FELV friendly vets so others can find them.

Phaewryn
http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
Special Needs Cat Resources
http://www.iGive.com/html/refer.cfm?causeid=21303
Sign up for iGive and a percentage of your purchases helps save animals!