Hi Cassandra,
I also used chicken and turkey, mostly chicken, my guys don't care for turkey. I also have a grinder and did the bone thing. I used the recipe on the catnutrition.org site by Dr. Lisa DVM.

Most of my guys ate it but Bailey my positive LOVED it, he gained up to a very healthy almost 11 pounds (he is chubby at 10).

I cook for them now, Fred my CRF really likes that and has gained back all of the weight he had lost. It's easier to do than raw, I cook about every 4 or 5 days. Each pint jar lasts me a little over a day. One whole chicken makes about 5 pints for me. Still trying to switch the hard liners and haven't been able to make a good dry so thinking I'm going to have to just buy their dry and pray it's OK. Some furkids can be real stinkers!!!

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties
http://bemikitties.com

http://adopt.bemikitties.com

FeLV Candlelight Service
http://bemikitties.com/cls

http://HostDesign4U.com

BMK Designs [non-profit animals websites]
http://bmk.bemikitties.com