I do that too. Those heavy litter bags really keep the ooky smell from wafting around, yuck!

Taylor Scobie Humphrey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

On May 27, 2007, at 9:35 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Wow didn't think this subject would last this long.

Anyway, I recycle my plastic bags. I dump dirty cat litter in them then put that into the bags that the clean litter comes in. So there isn't a smell.

I remember years ago one of my Mom's cats got hung up in the handle parts and scared him so bad that I thought he was going to have a heart attack. He went flying through the house with it stuck on his body. To top it off he was a high strung Siamese.
I felt so bad for him.

In general the only time there is any plastic out is when I'm changing the litter boxes or garbage cans. Tazzy just sits there and licks it. Of course it's before it has the dirty litter in it.

In a message dated 5/26/2007 8:22:40 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
At 08:13 PM 5/26/2007, you wrote:

Why can we lobby to have them made of a thin cardboard  so they will
biodegrade..I hate them!!

>While on this subject, don't forget to cut through the handles of
>all plastic & actually ANY bags before trashing them. Stray cats can
>get their heads caught in the handles & strangle.   So please please
>cut those loops!
>
>For the same reason, cut through the loops of the plastic things
>holding 6 paks together.  Those things have been found around the
>necks of seals, cutting off their ability to swallow, thus starving
>them. Closer to inland home, small aniimals can get their heads
>caught in those too, or stray kittens which as they grow these
>things will tighten around their necks.
>
>Pam

Terrie Mohr-Forker

TAZZY'S ANIMAL TRANSPORTS