At 07:13 PM 5/28/2007, you wrote:

Leukemia kitties should be kept in so they do not infect other cats and also so they do not pick up other stuff. In general Ido not adopt any cats out who are allowed to roam free. there are cars and dogs and engines they get into, they get trapped in garages or other small spaces, there are people who do not like cats and I have one with 3 legs due to a b.b. gun injury, they do love the sun and there are great window perches and screened porches,i have built a large outdoor enclosure for my cats so they are safe,
you can see it on my site
www.kellyscats.zoomshare.com
but especially FelV cats,it is not fair to infect other cats.
Love the babies
Kelly

Why did your vet say she could not go out?  Can she go out when she
gets over all the stuff she has?  Little Mamie always went out
sometimes with us and sometimes on her own.  Fortunately we were in a
very safe neighborhood and she would go out at five AM and stay out
until ten at night.  (She could always get in through her little cat
door--it got locked at night when she came in.  She came in when I
called!  She would buzz in and out the cat door all day long for a
snack or to say "Hi!"  She used to chase all the other cats away!
And she would puff up like a raccoon at the dogs (all leashed here.)
Really amusing!

Don't make her stay in her entire life.  Animals need the sun's rays
the way everyone on the surface of the planet does.  Mamie seemed to
become much healthier when she could be outside.  AND she was the
only cat I knew who would sit in the middle of the yard with
lightning flashing and thunder booming!  I couldn't believe it!
She was quite a brave little girl!

My little Sammy's homeopathic vet gives him 6 drops of omega 3 fish
oil/day, 1/2 cap of l-lysine/day and 1/4-1/2 cap of bovine colostrum
for his little immune system.

Taylor Scobie Humphrey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]