What I have is Vet Viralys which I got from my vet. It says use 1/2 scoop (one scoop = 250 mg of l-lysine) twice a day for kittens under 6 months and 1 scoop for cats over six months but that the dosage can be adjusted. My vet didn't think oding would cause a problem. I don't know if this will help or not. Frankly, I would call my vet and ask.

If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow man. St. Francis ----- Original Message ----- From: "wendy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Monday, May 28, 2007 10:30 PM
Subject: Re: l-lysine - ADVISE

Rett,

I cannot answer your question completely, but in case
you don't get anymore replies, I used to give Smookie,
my new kitten last year who had a corneal ulcer, 500
mg 2x per day.  Some will probaby say that's a lot,
but it worked wonders.  Smookie was probably at least
six months old at that point and at least 5 lbs.  I
would not give that much to one as small as you have.
Hopefully, you'll get more info. on this.  Also, make
sure that the lysine does not have the additive
propynol glycol.  It causes blood issues in cats.

:)
Wendy

--- Rett Lacy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello,

How much do you give a kitten before their next
retest ( first one, weak positive).  Mg??  xday??
etc.  Weight 2.5 - 3.0.
Thanks to all..........
Rett

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!" ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

____________________________________________________________________________________Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.