Jane,

I just found a website on stomatitis. It's www.dr-addie.com/ stomatitis.html#top

It's British but still very useful as it discusses the disease and feeding and treatments and also includes references to American labs.

"Consciousness is Causal
 and Physicality is its
 Manifestation."

On May 29, 2007, at 1:31 PM, Nina wrote:

Hi Jane,
Tell your vet to contact my specialty clinic about the Interferon Omega. It's been a while, but hopefully Michelle Rose is still there. She was great about compiling an "FDA packet" for vets that wanted to apply for special dispensation for it. (It has been approved for veterinary use in Europe, but not in the US). I'm sure they would be happy to answer any questions about it's use. Here's the paste from the email I wrote about contacting them:

> For anyone interested in starting the process of obtaining Feline
Interferon, (Virbagen Omega)...

My vet's liaison, Michelle Rose, at Veterinary Medical and Surgical
Group in Ventura CA (805-339-2290)has made an "FDA packet" that she will
fax out to anyone's vet who is interested in starting the special
dispensation process. She says everything they need to know will be in
there, and of course they can call her if there are further questions.
Since only vets can apply, only they, or their offices should call. If she's not available, have your vet leave their voice and fax numbers on her voice mail. If you have any trouble, email me directly and I'll call
her.>

In the meantime, (or if you decide not to acquire the IO, it's very expensive), you might want to start MeMe on oral Interferon Alpha. IA is used to boost immune response in humans suffering with cancer and does seem to have some benefits for our kits as well. IO is suspected to be more beneficial, (it's derived from feline dna, rather than human), it's hoped that cats won't develop immunity to it's effects. My vet also suspected that the oral might be beneficial for stomatitis as well. It is inexpensive and readily available. There are several different protocols used. Some people use a "pulse" protocol, (7 days on 7 days off for example). I used to give it whenever my felv kids were exhibiting symptoms. Usually the dose is 1cc daily, but I'd give them up to 3cc when warranted. There is a ton of info about both interferons in our archives.

Several list members have had good results with IR. Cindy used it subq, (rather than the recommended IV), to alleviate unexplained fever spikes. From what I understand about it, it's a bacteria that when administered causes the immune system to kick in against it and theoretically battle whatever is causing symptoms.
Nina

Jane Lyons wrote:
I spoke to my homeopathic vet today and she
does not know about Virbagen Omega but
said she would be very interested in researching it.

Lance can you give me any contact info that I can forward to her?

Also ...I was reading about Immuno Regulin on the Home Page for this
website. Has anyone any experience with it?

Thanks for your help, again

Jane