  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of C & J
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 8:23 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: Update on Kisa

The metachlopramide doesn't seem to be helping.  She had a shot this
morning, and vomited mid afternoon.  Then I gave her a shot tonight, and fed
her 30 mins later...she vomited that up.

We actually pulled her tube out, unclogged it, and put it back in.  But when
she vomited tonight, she vomited it out again, and bit it off.  I'm thinking
of getting some more tubes from the vet, and just putting them in ourselves.

We syringe fed her 30cc along with her pills after that, hopefully she can
keep that down for awhile.  She seems to keep stuff down if you give it to
her after she vomits.

The syringe feeding is not a good thing to do with her, she gets so stressed
out about it.  Her breathing is fairly rapid now, and doing the syringe
feeding, her breathing is super fast.

I'm thinking we may be fighting a losing battle here.  We can't seem to stop
the vomiting, and while she's doing that, we can't keep food/water down her.
She's going downhill meanwhile.

I would like to try to feel less stressed and more positive around her, but
it seems so hard.  Everytime I look at her lying there so depressed, with
her beautiful white fur stained from food/vomit, when she should be racing
around the house without a care in the world, I just can't stop the tears.
This waiting is definately the hardest part.

Cassandra