Actually, you can probably tell the newspaper editor your name, address and email address and request that you be known in the newspaper as "Anonymous" or "Concerned Family" or something. I'm pretty damn sure that newspapers honor requests like this. If I had written that letter I would send hard copies and emails, too, of your letter, with photos if possible, to, among others, the ASPCA in New York, Best Friends in Utah, The North Shore Animal League in New York, Animal Defense League (is that in CA?), Cat Fancy, and any other names that this loving cat group of animal people can think of. How about Catster.com? Right off the top of my sleepy head I cannot think of any other names, but I'll have some more by tomorrow. How about Art Bell at radio's "Coast to Coast AM"? He is an avowed cat adorer! (My mom's PR career bled off onto me more than I ever realized. The evidence is right here in front of you!)

You can make a huge difference in the lives of these little ones and others. If you can get them on a TV morning show with the they'll be adopted so fast! And so many people will know and people will respond to your letter and to their placement on TV. It may very well help the Humane Society raise money for kitten care. We just never know. But the good you have done has already been multiplied by telling all of us, by telling the Darke County Humane Society, who came so quickly to their--and your--rescue and all the people THEY will tell and involve.

And, believe me, those little babies will find a way to communicate to their sad, bewildered mommycat that they are now safe and loved, that they will always be loved (by their mommycat and then by you and your husband and your animal family, and now by all the Humane Society folks and by all of us).

You never know--someone might even contact the Humane Society or the paper--someone who knows about the people in that car that you saw. We just never know. But you and your husband have shown more light into the ugly dark corners of the world. And light is what we need.

"Consciousness is Causal
 and Physicality is its
 Manifestation."