To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2007 11:09 AM
Subject: Re: Update on Kisa

Hey Cassandra,

Wow, I am surprised and so happy that Kisa is
rallying!  I hope she can pull through.  The dex can
make a difference.  I think the combo shot I mentioned
early on shrinks lymphoma, according to Michelle, the
girl who used to be here who knows a lot about it.  If
that's the case, and she does have lymphoma, it might
explain the easier breathing.  Maybe something is
growing quickly and pressing on her lungs or throat.

My cat with CRF gets 200 CC a week of subQ fluids, but
she is not in grave danger as Kisa is.  She walks
around with a little sac of fluid hanging off her
little bony body for a few hours before it absorbs.
She feels so much better after it's done.  How much
did the vet say you should give Kisa?  I would ask
them so that you don't overdo it.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys.

:)
Wendy

--- C & J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

A small update on Kisa.

I didn't think she would make it through the night,
and at one point I checked on her and thought she
was gone, because I didn't see the heavy breathing.

She did make it through the night, and I was
seriously considering taking her in to the vet for
euthanasia.  I asked her if I should, and was very
upset I wasn't strong enough to make that decision.

Well, now she actually looks a little bit better.
She's very weak, but she seems more alert and her
breathing, while still fast, isn't quite as labored
and she's not breathing through her mouth.  It could
be the dexamethasone making some sort of difference.

And then the strangest thing of all happened, she
ate about 1 and a half tablespoons of pureed liver,
by licking it off the back of a spoon.  This is the
first time in two weeks since this started, that she
didn't gag at the very sight/smell of food.  I
couldn't believe she actually ate.  She must not be
feeling as nauseous, and so far she hasn't vomited
today.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but this is the
first positive thing that has happened for her in
two weeks.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see
how she does over the next couple of days.  If she's
trying to get better, she has an awful lot to
overcome yet in order to do so.

I've got a full IV bag of sub-q fluids to keep her
hydrated at least.  Just a question on that, how
much fluid should she get in a day?  I gave her
about 100ml, six hours ago, and it still hasn't all
soaked in from under the skin at the back of her
neck.

Cassandra

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!" ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~