Ok this is good to know. Now we know who to ask with our flower question. Wish you could see my place. I planted a bunch of things from Breck's but was dumb enough not to label them. Now they're coming up & I have no clue as to what they are!

Pam

Sally Davis wrote:
Hi Pam,
I am in VA. Daylilies are not in the LILY family. They are not toxic to cats in spite of what the ASPCA has on there website. It is based on an assumption that they are *lilies. *My front yard is entirely daylilies, no grass. Funny thing is my cats get very few fleas now. When they do I use Advantage. Fleas live in grassy yards. I am a horticulturist by trade and education. So I give that as my qualification regarding daylily (hemerocallis) classification. We are getting remnants of TS Barry. Thanks for your concern. Sally