It was Stomatitis and she is doing great. Just Born is either powder or liquid and is the milk substitute used when very young kittens have to be bottle fed. Dixie has always liked the boxed (liquid) as a special snack and I frequently mix the powder in her food. Dixie had the FF problem too. The is what the Royal Princess Kitty Katt ate, especially in her last months, and it is close to impossible to separate cats at dinner time. The food problems led to cold turkey withdrawal. I know FF wasn't involved but I have too much heart time invested in Dixie to take chances. Fast Track is probiotics. I think you have your little one on a version of it. You might find some of the Just Bork in a box and try it as a treat. It would be easy to consume and might, because to early memories with her mother, help.

If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow man. St. Francis ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jane Lyons" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 3:35 PM
Subject: raw diet

Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 17:34:36 -0500
From: "Marylyn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: raw diet
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>

Will MeMe eat raw if there is nothing else to eat? Or if you mix a small amount of food with or put it on top of the raw? The addition of high vitamin veggies to Dixie's diet has helped a lot. I know I am repeating myself but she is eating Primal raw + spinach, carrots, broccoli (and now--maybe--green beans) + Just Born/Fast Track/Transfer Factor Feline Complete (not all in the same day but depending on the circumstances and instincts). She gets some Wellness or Markwell canned (when we are traveling/she needs a snack and I have nothing thawed/as a special reward because she wants it). I know most BARF experts don't recommend the veggies but Dixie loves them and my alternative vet's cat loves greens (she hasn't tried the carrots yet). Both cats like Barley Cat too. She had some pretty serious gum issues when she first came to live with me. They no longer exist and both the regular vet and the alternative vet are amazed.

My two cents.....a lot of which is repeat.

Hi Marylyn
Her appetite is so erratic. Somedays, she is not at all interested in eating, period. Other days she seems ravenous and will try a taste of chicken or turkey. She has the awful Fancy Feast habit and basically licks the gravy. My last two cats ate an organic raw diet, and they both lived long (21 years and 19 years) happy
lives.
I am interested in learning about the supplements you are using. Lance has written about Transfer Factor
(human grade). I have not heard about Just Born or Fast Track.
I am barely getting a packet of FortiFlora down with the Fancy Feast, so I am reluctant to try new supplements. I do know that her stomatitis is much improved using FortiFlora and liquid Maitake DMG. We've just finished 5 days of Panacur, and I am not sure if her appetite is affected by the constant powder in her food.

It is great to know that you were able to clear up Dixie's mouth (was it Stomatitis?). If you had only one supplement to use, which one would it be? I would pose that question to all list members who are treating
FeLV cats.

It is awful to hear about Wallace's terrible weight loss. I wish I could bottle my Scotties appetites for our finicky kitties. They are so food driven and they watch in disbelief as MeMe turns down chicken liver
and turkey and beef...'what's with the cat'?

Jane

  • raw diet Jane Lyons
    • Re: raw diet Marylyn