Chelsea,

  I'm so sorry about Tsunade.  Give yourself some time to grieve and then when
you think of getting a new cat you can consider whether or not you would like
to rescue another positive.  If not, you can still use the same cat trees,
bowls, etc.... The virus doesn't live outside the host for any more than 5
minutes tops.

  tonya

"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    Hello, I have not been able to keep up with this list much because things
have been really chaotic in my life lately.  Unfortunately, my sweet kitty
Tsunade got very sick about 7 weeks ago.  Several vet trips found that she had
a huge amount of white bllood cells, so she was put on interfron and vitamins.
She had her ups and downs but finally wed June 16 I made the decision to have
her put down.  She was howling (loud and painful) all night and she could not
walk.  She could not even hold her head straight.  Tsunade was only about a
year and a half old.  She was my only kitty. I dont know if I will be able to
get a kitten later this summer, but if I did could I reuse the cat condo and
scratching post Tsunade had?  Is there a good way to sterilize the leukemia
germs or will I need to throw it away (already threw away water bowls and
litter box)?
  down in the dumps,
  Chelsea