I'l keep you in my thoughts also, Dede. I notice you say you're in a rural area - is there any possibility of getting him to a vet? He may have fluid in his chest that could be drawn off with a needle. It makes them more comfortable. just a possibility, but something I always check into when my FELV kitties have breathing problems.

Gloria