I wish I could say I deliberately did this.  I swore I
never would.  When these 4 kitens came into foster
care, they neded a home for 2 of them...I got to
choose.  I picked the 2 tabbies.After I had them 2
weeks, I noticed Ki had 2 huge nodes in his neck.  We
treated that, and tested him...Surprise.  I was
shocked and frightened. I'm not sure I would have
volontarity done this.  I have 3 FIV cats.  One of
them is diabetic, one has stomatitis.  I have another
with severe stomatitis, and one asthmatic.

I go from day to day. Life is a gift.  When I take a
furkid, it is a commitment for better or worse, in
sickness and in health so to speak.  You cn't throw
them away because they are not pefect.

I have been truly blessed by my fur-family

Dede  (who is sorry for the chit chat)

--- Susan Dubose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> And thank you.
>
> When I lost Serenity, I felt like the floor opened
> me up and swallowed me.
>
> Like I said, I had only had her 5 months, and my vet
> and his wife (who have
> several felv+ cats, and Dr. Smith is constantly
> doing research, even @ 73
> yrs.) warned me that when she becomes symptomatic,
> she could go very fast,
> it just depends.
>
> I was soooo glad they were there for me.
>
> Felv+, I have been told, can kill a cat so many
> different ways.......
>
> Or, their body can go, but the mind is sharp as a
> tack.
>
> I have a good client that has only had felv+ cats,
> his limit is 3.
>
> The reason being, 4 is an unlucky number for him, if
> he has 3 and gets a
> 4th, one dies really soon afterwards.
>
> He is an international pilot for UPS, and has been
> for 25+ yrs.  (cha
> ching....$$$$$)
>
> He is down to one felv+ cat, and he has "sworn off".
>
> Ever seen a very big, macho Texas man cry like a
> baby while holding his cat
> @ the vet's?
>
> Not pretty.
>
> The good thing is, he only has been working 10 days
> per month (10 days on,
> 20 days off), and when Chairman Meow leaves him, he
> plans to work more and
> donate a lot more money.
>
> In otherwords, he has been just working his minimum
> to be w/ his cats, but
> once they are all gone, he will fly more and of
> course, have more money.
>
> Right now he is a very big donor, always there for
> my "project kitties".....
>
> When he retires in a few years, he really hopes to
> start a sanctuary, and he
> will have a lot of people to help him.
>
> I don't know, I have always said that, it takes a
> very special purrson to
> have a felv+ cat, unconditional love, also......
>
> LOTS of people are even "afraid" of them.
>
> I recently had 2 people over on separate occasions
> that would not even enter
> my felv+ room, they just looked through the door.
>
> They were really afraid of taking it home to their
> cats.
>
> I understand that it is a very "delicate"
> virus........
>
> I just call them my little "bubble kitties".........
>  :)...
> Susan J. DuBose  >^..^<
> www.PetGirlsPetsitting.com
> www.Tx.SiameseRescue.org
> www.shadowcats.net
>                                   "As Cleopatra lay
> in state,
>                                    Faithful Bast at
> her side did wait,
>                                    Purring welcomes
> of soft applause,
>                                    Ever guarding
> with sharpened claws."
>                                              Trajan
> Tennent

"When you are in the service of your fellow beings, you are only in the service
of your God"
                   Mosiah 2:17

Choose the right car based on your needs.  Check out Yahoo! Autos new Car
Finder tool.
http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/