Caroline, You are just such a thoughtful, nice
person...Now , I wonder could it be from how you were
raised?  Anyway, I think it is a healthy subject to
get on, as it is great hearing other people's take on
these things...I know I have absorbed a couple new
lines of thought on this subject, just by reading the
experiences/opinions of others...never really observed
the cat volunteers, the dog volunteers, but I
certainly can see that now...why there are those two
distinct groups out there...
You know, the more we can learn, the more we can
eventually share with others and if we can direct
ourselves in a positive way, we can make the world a
better place. It does seem to me ,especially for you
Caroline, right now, all this interaction and flooding
of ideas and information and positive approaches to
things to help others, dogs at the moment, and even
dogs not born yet is lovely. With what you have
introduced to us,this subject of cat-lovers,
dog-lovers is fantastic/interesting...Thanks.
 There are some people in this world that just give
and give and I can see you are one of
those...Actually, I feel that, the love, the give
factor, in everyone in this group. I'm really happy I
found you guys...
Now, I must tend to my day...I do work and I do have
cats to care for... and a hundred other things...
However,isn't it nice to have a little mutual mission
right now, where we can put some love towards helping
those poor dogs, by making the actions of that Vick
person reflect to society the ugly, evil, abomination
that it really was...?
Little boys, especially, should never admire someone
who conducts himself in the fashion of Mr. Vick...This
is why, he must experience absolute humiliation in the
public light.We all want that to happen...right?
As for the  people who say, loudly and proudly, that
they do not like cats...in a way it is all the same,
just another form of disrespect for animals.   It
would be my guess, Mr. Vick started out in life
thinking he hated cats and he simply was never taught
or  learned anything about what it is to feel the
wonder, amazement and love for creatures, other  than
maybe humans, who share our world.
Vick and his "friends" are the extreme result of
little boys left unchecked...Certainly, they were all
horrible to cats as children...so by doing what we are
doing here, is helping cats too...something to think
about...
 Later, Glenda
--- Caroline Kaufmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

---------------------------------

I think I inadvertently started this whole debate
about dog-lovers vs. cat-lovers and I so didn't mean
to do that!  I just meant that, sadly, if you need to
quickly draw attention to an animal plight that people
need to rally behind, a lot of times, it's easier to
do so when the plight involves dogs.  I don't think
that's right, but I have found it to be true.

But, having been the daughter of a vet, no one in my
family got to really have the choice between which
animal we would prefer!  We had to love them
all...cats, dogs, pet mice that I "saved" from being
fed to a rehabbing snake, a gerbil, more ring-necked
doves than you can imagine, a baby rabbit, tons of
injured song birds, an injured duck, an injured wild
turkey, and even a baby mountain lion that my dad was
rehabbing when he was the Zoo vet that lived at our
house for a while.  The list goes on...  But yes, a
lot of the caring and compassion for animals does come
from exposure and experience.  I feel bad for people
who didn't have the opportunity to learn to take care
of another creature....it's like a compassion chip is
missing or something.

-Caroline