Glenda, if you're not sure that Catcher has truly been adopted, maybe
you should try calling again, to see if you can get a little peace of
mind, or maybe talk to someone a little nicer.  Keep everything
businesslike and try not to reveal annoyance, just, if they say he's
adopted, mention that his picture is still up on the site, etc.  You
might or might not want to tell them that you had already called.

I've had bad experiences trying to adopt from our local "humane society"
which is privately owned and which appears to think that it's more
important to put a prospective owner through an incredibly stringent
application process than it is to actually place pets in a home that
might not be perfect from all standpoints but would be loving and happy.
This same place has been shown to have a huge kill rate, including
owners of lost pets coming in a few hours after the pet was lost only to
find it had already been euthanized.  I can't fathom why so many of
these places seem to lose sight of their mission, and for a place that's
supposed to be based on compassion for animals, so many of them appear
to have no compassion for the people who come to them.

Diane R.
be privileged.
received this
transmission from