Susan:
Our litter of "normal" house cats I had growing up also were fans of the ice cubes in water- mostly just to play with.  We had one, my favorite, Rambo, who would literally sit there at the water bowl and stare at the ice cube, touch it with his paw, and drink water forever!!!  Hours!  He LOVED it.  I don't know if you have tried this or not, but you know those re-usable drink decorator ice cubes?  They come in colorful shapes and sizes- we had neon-colored, fish-shaped ones.  It's basically just water incased in plastic that freezes in the freezer and cools your drink when you plop them in and you rinse them off and reuse.  Anyway, we started using the fish shapes in the cats water since we didn't really use them anyway, and they loved it!  Especially if you have one of the drinking fountains with flowing water-- the water makes the fish move around on the surface.  Rambo loved it.  He spent even more time playing with, watching, touching, and drinking water after we started adding the fish!

-Caroline

See what you’re getting into…before you go there