I don't know if the sore is like the ones Dixie gets or not but Baytril cream applied a couple of times a day really works on them. My vets don't want to use steroids. One recommended Calendula lotion for itching.

If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow man. St. Francis ----- Original Message ----- From: "Susan Dubose" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 04, 2007 10:46 AM
Subject: Re: A bit OT: Need help with sore on kitty's back;reaction to flea meds?

Dr> smith uses it as a very last resort.

When Pugsley had his horrible open sore on the back of his neck, we tried
aloe jell, vitamin e cream & dermavet to start.

When that didn't work, ( I had to call him daily with reports) that's when
he brought out the big gun, the cortisone shot.

And it improved, but he gave him one more shot 2 weeks later, which did the
trick.

Pugsley has no immune system, being from the Frankenbreeder house as a tiny
kitten and trapped in a house fire.

Covered in severe ringworm w/ advanced URI.

And potentially exposed to felv to boot.

But he is better now, being the little "bedwetter" that he is........... :)

Susan J. DuBose  >^..^<
www.PetGirlsPetsitting.com
www.Tx.SiameseRescue.org
www.shadowcats.net