"Consciousness is Causal
 and Physicality is its
 Manifestation."

On Aug 6, 2007, at 7:18 PM, glenda Goodman wrote:

--- glenda Goodman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 16:11:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: glenda Goodman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: OT: need a little quick advice here...
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org

Hi Everyone,
Well there are two subjects here I want to get
advice
and support on.
Today my very wonderful vet called me to ask if I
knew
of a rescue facility that took FIV+ kitties. It
seems
a couple of her clients came in today and received
the
bad news that their two kittens had tested positive
for FIV. She told me, the people who had the kittens
were sisters and both very bright, educated
gals...one
being an attorney, even...so, obviously having good
minds, I am hoping,  they might give our group here
visit and be interested in learning, from this very
progressive site...I will be talking to them later
today and try to convince them not to panic and not
opt to have their kittens put down. I do not know of
any rescue groups that would take these
kittens...This
is what they had asked my vet, Dr. Kim Collet, here,
in Scottsbluff, Nebraska, if she knew of a rescue
organization they could turn these kittens over to.

 They do have other cats that share the household.
The
kittens are only about 12-weeks old. Can you guys
flood me with some helpful information for these
gals,
so we can give them some hope for their kittens and
make them realize there are options...I'm hoping
they
might be willing to sign on to this list,but if not
will at least forward them some good information
from
you guys...
These two ladies are in their late twenties or early
thirties...I asked my vet how old they were...We are
here in farm country where 90% of the vets still
believe, with all their heart, the only real option,
is putting positive cats down...
Now, for my second little problem I'm dealing with
today: My pride and joy, kitty, Feeto, was at the
base
of my step, outside my door about 6-days ago. My son
had let him outside...It was evening...I do know
better than to let my kitties outside at night...but
with my positive kitty and having to be on crazy
schedules...and keeping everyone seperated, Feeto
had
been locked up all day. OK, well the worst
happened...almost the worst...THERE WAS A STRANGE
KITTY OUTSIDE IN OUR YARD. HE WAS VERY INTENT ON
FINDING A GOOD HOME WHERE HE MIGHT BE LOVED AND FED.

FEETO IS MY LITTLE HERO. HE TAKES CARE OF OUR YARD
AND
HIS KITTY FAMILY. FEETO CHASED THAT STRANGE KITTY
AWAY. HOWEVER , BEFORE IT WAS OVER, THERE WAS A
BATTLE. THE BATTLE GROUND WAS COVERED IN WHITE AND
ORANGE FUR THE NEXT DAY. FEETO IS A BROWN TABBY WITH
24 VERY SHARP CLAWS. IT WAS OVER ALMOST BEFORE IT
BEGAN, BUT I WAS SICK KNOWING THERE WAS NO WAY MY
FEETO DID NOT SUFFER A BITE SOMEWHERE ON HIS BODY. A
FEW DAYS LATER, I FOUND IT, THE BITE. FEETO'S CHEEK
WAS ALL PUFFED UP. IT DRAINED THAT NIGHT AND THE
NEXT
DAY HE WAS ON ANTIBIOTICS...JUST TO BE SURE. A WEEK
EARLIER I HAD BOUGHT A CAT TRAP AND HAD BEEN TRYING
TRAP THE STRANGE CAT...NO LUCK UNTIL LAST NIGHT.
WELL,
TODAY, THE STRANGE CAT IS AT OUR LOCAL SHELTER. HE
IS
A PRETTY CAT , BUT THEY SAID HE IS IN WITH THE WILD
CATS. HE WILL BE PUT DOWN. I WANT TO NAME HIM
MARMALADE.HE DESERVES A NAME... HE HISSED AT ME LAST
NIGHT, BUT SETTLED DOWN AFTER I TALKED, QUIETLY TO
HIM. THEN THE POLICEMAN TOOK HIM AND HAULED HIM OFF
THE SHELTER. I WAS TOLD THEY WILL KEEP HIM 3-DAYS.
THEN HE WILL BE PUT DOWN.
I AM VERY WORRIED ABOUT MY FEETO HAVING BEEN BITTEN,
SO I HAVE GOTTEN PERMISSION TO TAKE HIM, MARMALADE,
IN
TO BE TESTED FOR FeLV AND FIV. I TOLD MY FRIEND, IF
HE
TESTS CLEAN, IT IS VERY SAD HE WILL BE PUT DOWN, A
BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY CAT...HE ONLY NEEDS A LITTLE
TIME TO BE SOCIALIZED. WE HAVE NO OPTIONS
,WHATSOEVER,HERE, FOR "WILD" KITTIES. MY BRAIN WILL
BE
WORKING OVERTIME ON WAYS TO SAVE THIS CAT,
ESPECIALLY, IF HE TESTS NEGATIVE...MAYBE I CAN BUY
HIM
A LITTLE TIME...I DO KNOW, I PROBABLY DRIVE MY
SHELTER
HERE A LITTLE CRAZY, BUT OUR HEARTS ARE REALLY ALL
IN
THE SAME PLACE, SO WE AT LEAST DO UNDERSTAND EACH
OTHER. WE HAVE A VERY LOVING SHELTER HERE, BUT IT IS
ALWAYS A MATTER OF MONEY AND SPACE...
I WILL APPRECIATE ALL FEEDBACK.
I GUESS MOSTLY, I NEED TO HAVE SOMETHING TO TELL
THESE
LADIES THAT HAVE THE FIV+ KITTENS. I WILL ALSO NEED
LITTLE EDUCATING ABOUT CAT BITES AND WHAT TO EXPECT
IF
THIS CAT THAT BIT MY FEETO TESTS POSITIVE FOR FIV.
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR GETTING THROUGH THIS LONG
RAMBLING POST...
GLENDA

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here
and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Yahoo!
Games.

______________________________________________________________________ ______________ Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.