That's "ironic" because if you read the pill pockets package-- it says they were "designed" by veterinarians!  LOL!  I would never go to a vet who will only recommend and endorse the items they sell at their clinic.  That's ridiculous.  My holistic vet is ALWAYS telling me to try something from Whole Foods, Wild Oats, Feeders' Supply (the local pet store), other health food stores, for my cat and she even gave me the holistic vet website she trusts most so that I can order products from them directly.  I would look for a vet who operates like this.  One that will tell you straight up "yeah, I can supply you with this supplement...OR, you can just buy it yourself at this store for cheaper..." is a gem and that kind of true assisting of you and your pet is what you want.

As for the pet wipes, you are LUCKY your cat likes them.  I have used them for years now on tons of cats and as soon as they figure out they are getting damp, they get mad!  There's a new variety out called "pet gloves" or something like that.  Instead of a thin, flimsy, one wipe, it's a very thick wipe that your hand fits into like a glove without fingers.  It is THE BEST wipe I have used thus far.  It lasts forever because when the one side gets dirty, you just flip it around your hand and use the other side.  It is the best smelling wipe I have used too- the cat smells so good!  They have different varieties and one has aloe- I think the one in the green package.  You should look for these next time.  One goes a long way so I think they are more cost effective than the flimsy wipes.

-Caroline

From: "Beckie McRae" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Subject: Success!
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 08:42:26 -0500

Well, Friday, I went and got the “Pill Pockets”.  (Chicken Flavored, my cats hate seafood, go figure), Went home, wrapped the Benedryl in it, annnnnd……WA LA!  Down it went!  I was SO happy!!!

The lady at the pet store also told me about these bath wipes so I got a pack of those.  They’re like baby wipes, and you just rub them down, and it helps to moisturize their skin, and his coat is so soft!  I just wipe him down once a day, (which he LOVES by the way).  Also, they have aloe, so that helps with his scratching.  Amazingly enough, the lady at the pet store was more helpful than the vet!  When I got home, and saw how everything worked, I IMMEDIATELY got on the phone with the vet and ripped her a new one.  I wanted to know why she hadn’t told me about these products especially since I voiced to her MANY times how bad the pilling was going, and how bad his skin was.  Hell, she SAW it!  Her response?  We don’t endorse other products than what we sell here.  Well I proceeded to tell her that when she became a vet she took an oath to care for an ailing animal NO MATTER WHAT, and even though they don’t “endorse” those products, she STILL could have suggested them.  I told her if it was THAT big of a deal maybe THEY should start getting wipes, and pill pockets there to “ENDORSE” so that other people and their animals don’t have to go through what we’ve been.  I told her that I would NEVER be coming back to her, and I WOULD be filing a report with the better business bureau, and ANYONE who asks me for a vet, I will them to go ANYWHERE but there.  I was HOT!!!!

Thanks again guys!

Beckie

See what you’re getting into…before you go there