Evening, all!

I'd first like to thank everyone for the wonderful information provided -
it's been incredibly helpful! Oddly enough, as this is mentioned, when I
showed interest in the possibility of assisting this little guy, I was told
of one other who was in a similar position - FeLV pos purebred white
persian. The first one is a 5 month old kitten who had recently gone through
neutering and jaw surgery, only to be tested and come up pos. I felt
particularly soft to the fact that he had gone through so much, and to have
this guy euthanized after everything he's going through, especially after a
successful surgery at that, it broke my heart. I've worked with seniors and
special needs cats for quite a few years, and since moving into our newer
home, have been blessed with some extra space. The doror is pretty flush
with the ground, but I will definitely make a point of ensuring no one plays
'paw games' or 'paw hockey' with eachother; LOL! The only concern I really
have is in moving from one room to the other, I have a couple of cats who
can't stand to see a closed door, and love to try to dart through the doors
when they open (meaning a closed bedroom door, or what-have-you; all of our
guys are indoor only), and I'd be a bit concerned about one of those guys
getting curious and attempting to dart into the 'FeLeuk' room. Based on what
I'm reading, I should be ok, provided I snatch the curious kitty and get him
out promptly, correct? Without sounding too silly or paranoid, should I take
a wet cloth in such a situation and just give the kitty a quick wipe off?

Again, thank you so much everyone for all of the wonderful feedback. If all
goes well, we should be meeting our pair on Labor Day weekend. I'm still
open to any other advice anyone has as well. And in reference to diet, we
feed either Nutro diets or Evo/Core (for the 'really special' guys) and on
holidays (Turkey Day and Christmas, as well as Easter), let's just say we
usually get two turkeys and one doesn't go to us; LOL! We shred up the meat
after cooking it and give the kitties a much deserved treat (and a much
deserved rest when they all fall asleep after their fill of turkey!)

Thanks again, everyone! Looking forward to sharing our newcomers with
everyone!