  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Friday, August 24, 2007 6:43 AM
  Subject: Re: Oh my Goodness!/Susan-Percy

  Susan,
  I absolutely LOVE Percy!!!!  [As a "name"]  And you are so right w/ your
comment about Percy having many other names!!!
  I know, with my own purr-sonal experiences, both at home & at shelter, all
babies have their own purr-sonal list of names we go by..................And
what's absolutely amazing, and awesome, they all seem to respond to "their name
at that specific moment"..... They are so ever smart & perspective.......
  When people stop by house & inquire about their names, I, of course, reel out
the whole list for each one!!! Of course, never fails, I get "that look" & tons
of questions, mostly like "why" Fluffy or Tom wouldn't suffice....  Guess you
must be a genuine critter person to understand, huh?  [ Or, A CRAZY CAT LADY,
which I've also been called...... NEVER to my face though.  Go figure! ]
  Looks like you will have to put more dishes out......
  I'm with you on that thought, 'as long as they're eating!'  Even my ferals
got Evo.....No complaints there.....
  But, w/ my dear, ancient Puma, those Elegant Medleys from Fancy Feast, I
really believe they certainly saved, at least, really helped my boy along.
Along w. meat baby food, & "people tuna!!!!  And, I was able to add
supplements, so we all were happy.....
  I too, absolutely love those big-headed FIV boys!!!!  And, I swear, w/ all my
years in rescue, B-I-G  FIV+ boys hold a special place in my heart!!!!  They're
such LOVE MUFFINS!!!  And, sadly. due to lack of adequate information
available, too often overlooked!!!!!!
  Til the day I die, I will always believe "EDUCATION IS THE KEY!!!!"
  Need [many] more people out there at least "attempting" to educate!!!
  Prior to my MVA, I made a point to get out no less than 1X week to do what I
could.... handing out brochures, pamphlets, etc. at a local [major] pet shoppe,
one who would not sell companion animals, but rather encouraged  adoptions from
shelters!!!! (In fact, several times a year, they engaged in "employee
incentive" programs. and, our shelter benefited, VERY nicely I must add, from
their employee incentive programs...)
  Oh, I've rambled again.....
  Much love to your [very fortunate] Percy and the rest of your
babies.......And, blessings for all the work you've done.......I pray that you
can continue for a VERY LONG time..... [I'm just fortunate I had been able to
do so much prior to my MVA....]
  One must always remember that sometimes life isn't a bed of roses..... It
can, and sadly does, throw some pretty mean curves along the path....
  Never take any day for granted....One NEVER knows what the future holds....
  Words from a woman who knows only TOO well.......................
  Hugs,

  Patti & her gang