Fortunately, the other two are negative. Unfortunately, I don't think Olive is
going to have much of a chance. The vet told me that her anemia is
non-regenerative, and this was confirmed by the vet school. Additionally, she
is much slower this morning, and if I don't get her another transfusion today,
I don't think she'll last past the night, or at the very latest, through
tomorrow. I'm starting to suspect that this is a lost cause. My vet put in an
emergency referral to the vet school, but this will cost me $2000. I simply
cannot afford that. I have the money at the moment, but I need to save it up.

Part of me thinks that it might just be easier to let her go, but the other
part of me can't stand to let that happen without giving her a chance. Maybe
with meds she could be okay, I don't know. Probably not. But maybe; and it's
that slight possibility that makes me want to do what I can for her. Maybe if
she is given a fresh start on some new blood, she'll be strong enough that
meds will actually help her. I kind of doubt this, but like I said, I want to
do what I can for her. I don't want to just give up. Though at the same time,
I hate putting her through this.... She is suffering for the second time
within a week, and I feel horrible for it. I wonder if I should just let
nature take its course... Going to the vet again and undergoing sedation and
another blood transfusion might just wear her out.

I know that, ultimately, it's my own choice as to what I choose to do. I could
get blood from Juniper, but I hate to put her at risk. I also don't know if it
would do any real good for Olive, besides perhaps extending her life for
another week. I think I may just let her rest, although I don't know if I'd
rather let her go on her own or go the route of euthanasia. I hate to do
either, and I'm not sure which would be optimal.

I feel so completely lost right now.