Susan
I think that your vet is right. I would never consider vaccinating a sick kitty.

This is a link to C.A. Diodati. http://www.freeyurko.bizland.com/ diodaticv.html She has researched and written exhaustively about vaccinations, and is considered a sane and reasoned voice on the subject. You might read her book before you consider anything.

Jane