Carolyn, you never really know with cats, but MAYBE some of Lil Girl's Queen
Bee attitude would dissipate once she got inside
because in THAT hierarchy she's the new girl in town.  Then again, maybe not,
but it does happen.  Also, if you take the time to
go through the socializing protocols from step one -- caging, food association,
spending time, etc., and introduce the others to her
while she's still in the (mutual) safety of her cage, maybe she will learn to
coexist.  I only have the experience of our former feral Fred,
but in her case, there was never a cage but a room to herself, for months and
months, with my housemate and I coming in
nightly with food and conversation (we read her the 100 Best Fantasy and
Science Fiction Stories ;-)).  Coincidentally, the room has
a gaping hole where the doorknob should be, so she could easily hear the sounds
of the house, and there was a large gap at the
bottom of the door where she would play patty-paw with the others long before
they met face to face.  When we finally opened the
door to them, it was so completely a non-event, most of them just gave her butt
a little sniff and then went over to check that her food
wasn't any better than theirs.

I dunno, I think her barging in and making herself at home so soon after Monkee
died was, well, kind of a sign, don't you, really?

Diane R.