I would keep them on all wet and not switch between dry and wet until the
diarrhea clears up.  Even if it's the same brand I would do that.

Kelley Saveika <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  On 10/4/07, Caroline Kaufmann wrote:
> I have another question about so-called "normal" kittens.
>
> Does anyone know approximately how much weight they should be gaining each
> week? Mine are June babies and I want to do a more accurate/better job of
> monitoring their weight and how much they should be fed.

Per my vet, and various websites: They should be 3-4 oz when born,
and gain roughly 4 oz per week (1 lb per month). So a rough rule of
thumb is 1 lb at 4 weeks, 2 lb at 8 weeks, 3 lb at 12 weeks.

http://www.eastbayspca.org/volunteer/FelineManual.pdf

In and of itself, small size is not a concern - I have fully grown
female cats that weigh 5 lbs. But at some point you should have them
vet checked if they are not gaining weight, or definitely if they are
losing weight.

I find the
> instructions for feeding on the backs of cans and dry food to be confusing
> and not very helpful....especially if you are mixing wet and dry like me.

I personally would prefer to feed nothing but wet, but I can't afford
it. I give them wet once a day and free feed dry.

Scales - my vet recommended pediatric scales. Like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Baby-Weight-Scale-Infant-Pet-Digital-Scales-44lbs_W0QQitemZ330172207502QQihZ014QQcategoryZ117016QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.rescuties.org

http://astore.amazon.com/rescuties-20

Please help George!