And... are you using Lysine? Amoxi gets the bacteria, and Lysine gets the Herpes virus, if that's the initial cause...

Gloria

On Nov 19, 2007, at 12:40 PM, Caroline Kaufmann wrote:

What if you have a bottle of powdered Amoxi that you are mixing with water? What is the dosage per pound of body weight? Just want to triple check that I am dosing my cats right...
Caroline

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: Amoxicillin vs Cephalexin for URI?
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 12:29:51 -0600

I hope I am confused about your numbers. Let's see if I got this right. You say you put a 250mg capsule into 2.5 cc of water right? The you give the cat 10 cc (or is that 1.0 cc) of this so, that's 1000mg and you give this twice a day for a total of 2000mg a day? If so, WOW that is a LOT of amoxicillin. Recommended dosage for a cat is 50mg (5-10mg per pound) once a day, that would be .5 cc (point 5cc) once a day for 50 mg if a 250mg cap is disolved in 2.5cc of water. Be sure to shake this very well before taking up the dose to be given as it sometimes seperates very quickly in water. Here is a link to pfizer with dosages of their Amoxi-tabs.
http://www.pfizerah.com/PAHimages/compliance_pdfs/US_EN_A5_compliance.pdf

Gary