  From: Caroline Kaufmann
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Monday, January 21, 2008 2:32 PM
  Subject: CLS- Possum

  Can you add my foster kitten Possum (aka "Possee") to the CLS?  He was not an
FELV cat, but possibly FIP.

  He was a struggling, failing to thrive white w/ grey kitten (who indeed
looked like a Possum), who had a rough start in life and I took him in to give
him TLC and see what I could do for him.  Unfortunately, I was unable to get
him the vet care he needed/deserved due to approval problems with the adoption
group he belonged to/I volunteered for and I will forever regret that and feel
guilty.  But I know I gave him a wonderful few months that he wouldn't have had
if I hadn't taken him in: he was kept warm, freed from the pet store condos,
got the royalest treatment of all my fosters b/c I never made him stay in the
condo-he had free reign of my two bedrooms, he slept on the bed with me curled
in my arms or on my chest or shoulder every night and we had love-fest sessions
every morning, with him purring away, he got the highest quality food and
supplements, holistic vet treatments, and a little kitty heating pad that
became his all time favorite thing.  Sadly though, for whatever reason, whether
it be FIP, a congenital heart defect, or both, his little body couldn't keep up
with his mind and desire to live and he crashed without warning (besides a
swollen belly) on me in the early morning hours of Sunday and I rushed him to
the emergency vet clinic to end his suffering.  He was a wonderfully sweet
little boy and although he was more an old-man cat then the 7 mo kitten he was
supposed to be, I loved him for who and what he was and I will miss him dearly,
especially because he became my sleeper-bud and I haven't had one since Monkee
left me in July.

  He was my first cat/foster kitten to die since Monkee and that makes it even
more heartbreaking for me b/c the Monkee loss is still so fresh.  I also wonder
why they keep crashing on me on Sundays?!

  Thank you,
  Caroline K.

  Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star
power. Play now!