Hi Sue,

I think it's great that you've given Buzz a new lease on life. It amazes
and
disgusts me that anyone would abuse an animal. Thanks to you and your
brother's family for taking care of him.

I will say that, as someone who has to isolate a wonderful, sweet FeLV+
girl, I don't think it's cruel to keep an animal in one room, as long
as their needs are met, they are given love and affection, and they get
some time to play, even if it's in the one room.

If you love Buzz, I think you should consider keeping him. If he does
not have direct contact with your other cats, and as long as you keep
his dishes and litterbox away from them when you're taking them out
to be cleaned, the risk of them catching the virus AND actually becoming
persistently infected would seem to be incredibly low, if not zero. The
virus is fragile, and can't live outside of a cat for more than a few
minutes.

I'm definitely not trying to make you feel guilty or bad. It's just that
you
obviously love the little guy, and you might be the person he
needs for the rest of his life. My Ember is almost six years old, and
other
than what seems like a yearly, intestinal bacterial overgrowth that's
been
easily treated thusfar, she's really doing well. Whatever you decide,
thanks again for looking out for Buzz.

Lance

--
  Lance Linimon