Hi -
  Just a quick reply to a few things that you mentioned.  The shot that you
need to give daily - if it is just under the skin, it will be super easy for
you. (and for the cat.)   My diabetic had to have insulin injection twice daily
and it is really painless.

  Armond, (one of my FeLV boys) never drinks water either.  I always mix his
wet food with lots of water and he just slurps it up.  I never feed them dry
based on tons of research done with my diabetic but that's a whole other
topic...

  Good luck with this.  I can never force Armond to take anything.  If I put it
in his food, he just goes on a hunger strike.  I have tried syringes and
droppers and have ended up with punctured thumbs!  Hang in there!

  Dorothy