I had to take Autumn to the vet today. Yesterday I noticed that she would
sit with her right eye squinched shut. I tried to wash it and she got mad
and bit. I tried to give her overnight to resolve it, but this morning she
barely opened it. She kept sitting with her eyes closed or in a loaf
position. She wasn't playing or moving much. I noticed her pupil wasn't
dilating like the left eye. I made the decision to get her in to the vet
ASAP this morning. They didn't see any lesions, but her eye pressure was 28.
For comparison her good eye was 14. They gave us a topical
anti-inflammatory. Her vet said that the inflammation is behind the eye and
they don't know what is causing it - possibly she could have given herself a
black eye somehow. The other option is that this is FELV related. Anyone had
something similar?
Her eye is now open because of the meds. She actually played a bit. I worry
about my little bug.
~Susan A