Oops, sorry, was replying re FIV on another list, have Western Blot on
brain.

Diane R.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gary
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 11:24 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: I really need some advice

Western Blot is for FIV, IFA is for FeLV.

If the snap test is positive for FeLV and the exposure
was recent, it can
take 8 to 12 weeks before it will show in the IFA
test.  It could also have
been a false positive and there is the possibility
that if it was a true
positive and the exposure was recent the cat may be
able to mount an immune
response and eliminate the virus.  That would usually
happen with 12 weeks
after exposure.

If vaccinating other cats that may become exposed keep
in mind that to
obtain the full immunity the vaccine provides requires
a series of 2 shots 3
to 4 weeks apart so, the vaccine is not fully
effective for about 4 weeks.

Gary